Current Status of Farm Tours
We are still waiting on University approval to host farm tours again. Please check back for updates on the status of our farm tours.
Interested in learning more about farm animals or want your students to observe farm animals in their “home” environment?
The NJAES Animal Care Program and the Department of Animal Sciences welcomes visitors to join us on a guided tour of the Rutgers Farm. Tours are provided to a wide range of audiences, from elementary to students to professional groups. We tailor your tour to fit the interest and knowledge of our visitors. Tours are guided by either Rutgers students or the farm staff. Your tour will last approximately 45 minutes to one hour. Visitors will see cattle, goats, horses, pigs, and sheep.
Minimum group sizes are 10 people ($50 minimum fee for smaller groups) with a maximum group size of 100 people. Large groups will be divided into smaller groups of approximately 25 people per tour guide.
- The cost is $5 per person including chaperones. Cash or checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to “Rutgers University”.
Tours are available weekdays between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. February through October.
Please keep in mind that the Rutgers Farm is a working farm and can present walking hazards such as uneven terrain, mud and moving farm vehicles/equipment.
- There is limited stroller and wheelchair access around the farm.
- Please dress appropriately. For everyone’s safety, open toed shoes, including sandals and flip flops are not allowed on any tour.
The farm is located off Route 1 on College Farm Road on the George H. Cook campus at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ.
- GPS location: 65 Sheepfold Lane, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Can you have lunch at the farm?
Food and drinks are prohibited during the tour. However, if you would like to have lunch after the tour there is an open area of lawn that you can use for a picnic style lunch.
How do I request a tour?
- We will send a confirmation e-mail after receiving your request. You are not scheduled for a Farm Tour unless you receive a confirmation email.
- Tour requests must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of the tour date.
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel the tour. A cancellation fee of $25 will be charged if you cancel the tour with less than 24 hours notice.